Hair restoration in Islamabad, Pakistan or otherwise known as hair transplant surgery may consist of removing the hair from certain parts of the scalp and implanting them on the balding parts of the head. Hair loss is a normal phenomenon that involves the loss of 100 to 150 hairs per day. Almost everyone, after the age of 35, suffers from one form of hair loss or the other. Every hair restoration method involves the relocation of hair from a donor site (where hair has thick growth) to the recipient site (balding area). Each method of hair restoration is implied to give the patient the best optimal results. This article will explain to you everything about hair restoration procedures.
The ideal candidates for hair restoration surgery may consist of those people who have thick hair growth at the side of the head or at the back side of the head. These sides will then be used as donor sides to get the grafts. There are two types of areas during transplant:
- Donor sides: hair follicles are taken from these sides
- Recipient sites: hair follicles are implanted on these sites
- An ideal candidate must have sufficient donor sites
- You must be in good health both physically as well as mentally.
- You must have realistic expectations from the results.
The basic purpose of this hair restoration technique is to make use of your existing hair efficiently. So the donor areas must have thick hair growth. As every procedure has limitations so this procedure will also bear fruits if the donor area has a sufficient amount of hairs available to be implanted.
Expectations During the Consultation:
During your first consultation with your surgeon he will ask you about:
- Your medical history
- Type of hair loss
- The pattern of hair loss
- Ay previous hair transplant surgeries
- The expectations regarding results
- Goals of the surgery
There are certain medical conditions that can hinder your final results. These can be:
- If you are taking any anticoagulants
- If you are taking any anti-inflammatory drugs
- Whether or not you have an allergic reaction to anesthetics
- If your body can form excessive scars?
- If you are a chain smoker?
If you and your surgeon agree to have a hair restoration surgery, then in the next step he will explain to you the type of procedure performed, the facility at which your procedure will be performed and the risks involved. You must ask anything that comes to your mind regarding the procedure.
Risks of Hair Restoration Surgery:
The results of a qualified, experienced board-certified plastic surgeon are always satisfactory. Still, as the procedure is highly individualized so the results also vary depending upon the conditions.
- small bumps on the scalp
- Patchy look
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- Excessive blood loss.
Types of Hair Restoration:
Two methods are employed in the hair restoration procedure. One is follicular unit extraction (FUE) and another is follicular unit transplantation (FUT). later procedure contains the removal of a strip of skin with hair follicles while the former procedure consists of the removal of individual hair follicles while no skin strip is removed. Hair Restoration procedures can treat hair loss due to Alopecia areata, Androgenic alopecia, Thyroid diseases or hair loss due to any burns or injuries.
Non-Surgical Hair Restoration:
If you treat your hair loss at earlier stages, you won’t need to get a hair transplant or any other surgical procedure. Rather there are certain medications that you can use for normal restoration of hair. These medications do not reverse the process of loss rather they will cause your hair loss to slow down. They will probably improve hair growth or fullness of hair. Finasteride and Minoxidil are two important medicines used in this case. A variety of dietary supplements and vitamins marketed are also used for this purpose.
Surgical Hair Restoration:
There are some people who have already lost a significant amount of hair. They only need surgical methods to restore the hair. These surgeries have improved the downtime and reduced the discomfort because of advancements in the procedure.
FUT vs FUE Hair Restoration:
There are two types of hair restoration methods that are being implied these days. The type of method chosen will depend upon the needs of the individual as the process is highly customized.
The FUT method:
- This procedure consists removing of a strip of scalp. This has hair follicles on it from the donor sites.
- They are removed from the back of the head which has a thick growth of hair.
- These tissues are then prepared for grafting.
- The site which is experiencing balding is treated and tiny holes are created at that point.
- This is an area which s experiencing balding or hair loss.
- The removed follicles are then implanted on the recipient sites.
The FUE technique:
- FUE addresses the disadvantages of the FUT Procedure.
- This procedure involves removing individual hair follicles
- They are then treated with specific methods
- Small incisions are created at the recipient sites
- The removed hair follicles are then transplanted in those incisions
- No linear scar is created.
- Downtime is decreased
- Discomfort is lessened as compared to FUT.
- Pre-process guidelines will be provided to you by your surgeon on the day of your first consultation. He will tell you specific instructions about drinking and eating habits.
- He will prohibit you from taking certain medicines.
- Smoking shall be prohibited as it can interfere with the process of healing
- You need someone to drive you home after the procedure
- The surgery is performed in a well-established hospital
- This procedure is always performed under the influence of local anesthesia. It will make you relaxed and comfortable. However, if your surgeon chooses to use general anesthesia, then you will sleep throughout the procedure.
Steps of Hair Restoration Procedure:
The donor area is selected and the hair grafts are removed. These grafts are then cut into smaller pieces. These small pieces are then used as grafts. Then relocation of these grafts is done on the bald patches of the scalp. The whole procedure may take several sessions to complete. Then cleaning and covering of scalp is done. Wearing a pressure bandage is necessary. After healing, the transplanted area will produce the same growth of hair as produced by other donor parts.
General Steps of Procedure:
The candidate must have some noticeable hair loss. He also must have excess hair on the donor sites.
Round grafts are punched with the help of tube-like instruments. They are then placed in that area where hair restoration is desired.
Stretching of skin beneath the scalp at the donor site.
Placement of graft over the stretched skin in the bald area.
Usually, a section of bald scalp is cut out first in flap surgery.
Then sewing of skin containing grafts is done surgically over the bald area.
The patterns may vary, yet the goal is the same which is bringing hair and scalp together. \
The results will enhance your self-esteem and self-confidence.
As this is an outpatient procedure so you will be discharged on the same day when you are done. The type of procedure will decide the recovery timeline.
The following points must be kept in mind following recovery:
- Day 1: you can take off your bandages
- Day 2: now you can wash your hair
- Days 3 to 5: now you can resume your daily activities
- After 10 days: your surgeon will remove your stitches.
- After 3 weeks: you will be allied to return for any strenuous activity like jogging and exercising. As this type of activity will cause your transplants or incisions to bleed due to excessive blood flow to the scalp, hence it is avoided to do.
You must go for various follow-up sessions with your surgeon as he will need to observe you for proper healing. You may need a follow-up surgery if it is anticipated by your surgeon.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon:
The first and most important thing that needs to be kept in mind is that you must select a board-certified surgeon who is a member of the Pakistan Association of Plastic Surgeons (PAPS). Whatever options you choose, it’s important to work with a qualified physician. By choosing a PAPS surgeon you can be assured that you have chosen a highly qualified and skilled official surgeon who is well trained and will meet your standard criteria. Dr. Naveed Azhar is a board-certified surgeon who will provide you with optimal results. He has an experience of more than 15 years and has performed about 20,000 successful hair restoration procedures. You will be delighted to choose him as your surgeon.
Choose Royal Hair Transplant:
Royal Hair Transplant is also delighted to serve you and appreciates the trust you have placed in us by selecting us. We always try to do a patient-centric approach. We have experience in the field which produces natural looking results. We provide a beautiful finished density with artistic results. Every procedure is also customized hence you will be given proper care and treatment. Hence if you are thinking of getting Hair restoration in Islamabad, Pakistan then Royal Hair Transplant Islamabad will be the finest option for you. Call us directly on the given number or fill out the form below. Our team will reach out to you shortly.