A dermatologist or a plastic surgeon is involved in FUE Hair Transplant in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Pakistan. The procedure consists of moving the hair from those areas of the head which have thick hair growth to those areas which have thin growth. This procedure is performed under the influence of local anesthesia as it is a painful process. The primary cause of hair loss is male pattern baldness. Genetics is the main factor that plays a crucial role in the process. Hairs are a crown that everyone needs to wear but you realize their importance once they are gone. Evolution in science and technology has given its way to new technologies. One such process is named FUE hair transplant which consists of moving the hair follicles one by one.
Types of Hair Transplant:
Hair transplant has different types which you use. One is called slit graft (this type requires the transplantation of 4 to 10 grafts), and the other is called micrograft (this type of procedure transplants 1 to 2 hairs per graft).
Methods of Graft Extraction During a Hair Transplant:
The first step in the hair transplant is the cleaning of your scalp. Then the numbing of the scalp is done by local anesthesia. These procedures will give you the appearance of naturally grown hair by mimicking natural hair orientation. The following two types of techniques are used to obtain hair follicles from the donor site:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
The foundation of the FUE hair transplantation technique is the individual extraction of donor grafts without the need to remove the skin in strips. Since each graft is removed separately, the donor area is not left with an everlasting, elongated scar.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT)
The FUT method also referred to as the strip method and the original hair transplantation procedure, entails removing a strip of tissue from the patient’s scalp’s back. Individual skin grafts made from this strip of skin are separated under a microscope before being implanted.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Hair follicles are extracted one by one directly from those areas which act as donor sites. This process is done with the help of tiny incisions. Micropunches are used to extract single follicles which makes it impossible for scars to appear. Following are the important steps of FUE Hair Transplant in Islamabad:
Stages of FUE Hair Transplant:
Step 1: Consultation and Preparation
You need to book the one-on-one consultation with your hair restoration surgeon. As the process is highly customized so your surgeon will tell you about the exact number of grafts to be transplanted. The placement of grafts is also discussed.
Step 2: Extraction of Graft of Donor
A specialized tool is used for the extraction of hair follicles from the donor site. The ideal locations on the head for the extraction of grafts are on the back of the head and the sides of the head. Some other sites of the body can also act as a donor site for the extraction of hair. With the advancement in technology, the procedure of FUE has also evolved. In the modern procedure, the grafts are taken one by one. No scar is left after this procedure.
Step 3: Preservation of Grafts:
The proper preservation of grafts is necessary. Just after the grafts are extracted it is necessary to preserve them effectively. The sifting of grafts is done according to the number of hairs they have. They are also cleaned. Active plasma solution is used for the preservation of grafts. This increases the survivability of the grafts. The grafts are preserved in a petri dish. At last, their refrigeration is done until they are used.
Step 4: Implantation:
An Implanter Pen is used by the surgeon which will implant the grafts one at a time. This procedure improves the density of hair that is being implanted. The pen is first loaded with individual grafts and then implanted. One very important aspect of these pens is the angle of implantation. Our implanting surgeon has full control over this thing.
‘Step 5: Post OP Care:
The results largely depend upon how you treat your transplanted hair. The first and foremost thing to consider is both the implanted and donor area. Do not rub the area of the transplanted hair. Also, avoid going in direct sunlight. You must also go for a follow-up consultation a day after the transplantation.
- Smoking needs to be quit for 1 week prior to surgery.
- Any type of blood thinners is prohibited.
- No vitamin or any dietary supplement 1 week prior
- No antidepressants
- Scalp massage for 10 to 30 minutes 1 month prior to the procedure
- Any necessary tests need to be taken
- Start taking certain medications like Minoxidil
The procedure of FUE is generally rendered safe and effective. The side effects may only consist of little white scars at the site of extraction. In a very rare circumstances, the procedure may lead to infections and scarring.
Major side effects that are observed may comprise swelling, bruising or sensitivity or allergy at the site of grafting.
The procedure of FUE is convenient to perform. Several sessions are needed each lasting for 4 to 5 hours. Alternatively, one mega session may comprise up upto 12 hours. No downtime is required hence you do not need to rest after the procedure has been performed and you can directly go home. Any trichologist or hair transplant surgeon, who is also certified to do the procedure, may perform the transplant. The transplanted hair will grow back in 4-5 months until natural growth is achieved.
Principle of Procedure:
Hairs pass through three distinct phases of hair growth and regrowth. At a certain phase in life, there comes a time when the growth of follicles is restricted. They become old hence their power of producing new hair is also reduced. The three-phase cycle of hair follicles is reduced with age. But this type of hair transplant makes it possible for hair follicles to grow back hair as new follicles with active growth cycles are transplanted. Those follicles get food and nourishment from the capillaries and blood vessels.
FUE is primarily employed on the scalp. Yet certain other areas of the body can also be treated by the procedure like arms, genital areas and legs.
After FUE Transplant:
- The discomfort associated with the procedure may last for 3 to 4 days. After that, you feel normal as the recovery is quick.
- Taking shower is prohibited for 4 to 5 days.
- It is prohibited to use scented shampoos on the hair. Use very gentle shampoos.
- Although no downtime is required yet you must take a few days off from the work. This will speed up your process of recovery.
- It is not advised to comb your hair for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Wearing hats or anything on the head is prohibited.
- You must not do any tiring or strenuous physical activity
- Falling of hair in the first few weeks is normal. But the growth of new hairs will become visible in 4 to 5 months. The thickness of the hair will depend upon the thickness of the transplanted hair.
Before and After Pictures:
These pictures depict the results FUE Procedure performed at Royal Hair Transplant Islamabad. We provide practical and long-lasting results. As this is a highly individualized procedure so the span of hair growth may vary from 4 to 12 months. Multiple sessions are needed for ideal results.
The cost of FUE Hair Transplant in Islamabad surgery is a common concern among those considering a hair restoration procedure. It’s critical to remember that there is no set price for hair transplants; instead, prices can range widely. The number of grafts required to cover the area of thinning hair determines how much the majority of hair transplant surgeries cost.
Your hair loss progression as well as the kind of procedure used will determine the final cost of your hair transplant.
Factors affecting the price of hair transplants:
- The quality of the transplantation process.
- The health standards and the quality of the procedure
- The facilities provided in the setting
- The experience of the surgeon
- The skills of the surgeon
- The locality of the clinic
- The cost of follow-up treatments
- The level of baldness
- The number of grafts
- The process of hair transplantation
- Availability of donor grafts
The FUE hair transplant cost in Islamabad is the most important factor to be considered while going for the procedure.
- No beautification procedure is covered by insurance policy but if hair loss has occurred because of any disease or medical condition then it will be covered by insurance.
Why Choose Royal Hair Transplant Islamabad:
Royal Hair Transplant has been established more than a decade ago and until now the satisfaction of our patients is our primary goal. You will receive the highest level of service with us.
- Our team is highly qualified and specialized.
- We have experience in the field of hair transplant for more than a decade.
- More than 20,000 successful transplants.
- You will have a chance to get free first consultation before the procedure.
So if you are considering getting a FUE hair transplant you can call us directly or fill out the form given below to book the free first consultation.